Registration is now open for the 8th Annual Northeastern Permaculture Convergence! Register now and share this with your family and friends!
We’re excited to welcome the Northeastern Permaculture Community to a full weekend of workshops, projects, and networking at Soule Homestead, Middleborough, MA on July 13 – 15!
Tickets are available for on-site camping or commuting to the full weekend program, Saturday only and Friday Field Trips. We hope you can make it to part or all of the amazing programming! This event is completely volunteer driven and self-funded; by registering now you allow the convergence planners to invest in more activities, food and programming on site. Please support us and register now!
- Register here for the full weekend or Saturday only (note that most of the programming is happening on Saturday, for only $35 for the day pass): http://2012neconvergence.eventbrite.com
- Register here for Permaculture Site Tours on Friday: http://neconvergencefieldtrips.eventbrite.com
- To become a Vendor or Exhibitor at the Permaculture Marketplace on Saturday, sign up here.
- If you or your business or organization would like to Sponsor the Convergence, please register here or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Overview of Schedule and Programming for the Entire Event:
- Take a weekend to step back and think about the design of your own life
- Catch and store the excitement and energy that comes with collaboration and sharing with the community
- Walk away with a yield (new ideas, strengthened relationships, & next steps)
- Develop new slow and small solutions, learn about local resources and produce more sustainable outcomes
- Use and value the diversity of the Northeast’s resources and people
For more details, including full field trip and workshop descriptions, and directions to the site, please visit the 2012 schedule page on the website here:https://northeastconvergence.wordpress.com/2012-schedule/
Friday July 13th: Tours of 6 permaculture sites in Eastern, MA and RI, When: 9:00am – 2:00pm (exact times vary by site), open to the public.
- 28 Rich Road, Woburn, MA – Tour a cooperative permaculture suburban homestead
- Edible Ecosystem Teaching Garden at Wellesley College – Wellesley, MA – Visit the Edible Ecosystem Teaching Garden at Wellesley College designed by Dave Jacke and Keith Zaltzberg; Tour led by Dave Jacke.
- Edible Forest Garden at University of Rhode Island – Kingston, RI – Tour the Urban Agriculture gardens at the University of Rhode Island, including the recently installed Edible Forest Garden and Community Garden at Roger Williams Park.
- Eva’s Garden and Round the Bend Farm – Southeastern MA – Tour some of the Southeastcoast region’s most diverse and beautiful farms and enjoy a farm-fresh lunch prepared by Chef and cookbook author Didi Emmons.
- Groundwork Somerville – Somerville, MA – Tour an organic schoolyard garden; a new urban farm, designed and run by Somerville youth; and the Growing Center, a community-directed urban oasis full of fruits, flowers, trees and bees.
- Land’s Sake – Weston, MA – Tour the educational non-profit farm to see and discuss examples of Permaculture Design will be found throughout the garden and farm systems
Friday Starting at 1pm: Registration on site, Soule Homestead Tours, Keynote presentation, live music and more!
Saturday July 14th: Permaculture Festival; 9am – 9pm, open to the public
20+ Workshop Sessions throughout the day at 6 locations including: Introduction to Permaculture, Edible Forest Gardening, Polyculture Design, Permaculture and Community, Bioshelters and Urban Resiliency, Infiltrating Higher Education with Permaculture, Social Permaculture, Beekeeping, Wildcrafting and Herbal Medicine, Regenerative Real Estate and more. Hands-on Projects include Hugelkultur, sheet mulching, and a wild edibles walk.
Presenters include Scott Kellogg, Lisa DePiano, Dave Jacke, Eric Toensmeier, Ethan Roland, Lisa Fernandes,Ryan Harb, Julius Piti, Emily French, Tony Hall, Felix Lufkin, Aaron Guman, Abrah Dresdale, Steve Whitman and many more
Support local vendors on site or barter and gift throughout the day | Enjoy delicious food from Clover Food Truck |Family programming and permaculture for kids throughout the day | Participate in the open mic, listen to live local folk music and dance to end the day!
Sunday July 15th:
Build & deepen the regional permaculture community through breakout groups and networking activities. 9am – 12pm. Clarify our yield from the convergence and determine next steps.
Email us with questions: neconvergence[at]gmail.com
See you in July!
-The Convergence Planning Committee